Victoria hosts Tri-City in Round 2 for Games 1 & 2 on Friday & Saturday.
For Immediate Release
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals will battle the Tri-City Americans for Games 1 and 2 of Round 2 of the 2018 WHL Playoffs presented by League and Williams Law, Double N Hardwood Floors, Victoria Hyundai, Gillis Plumbing and Dodd’s Furniture & Mattress. Game 1 is scheduled for Friday, April 6th, while Game 2 will be played on Saturday, April 7th. Puck drop for both contests is set for 7:05 p.m.
During the regular season, the Royals held a record of 2-1-1-0 in four games versus the Tri-City Americans.
FIRST STAR HONOURS: Victoria Royals’ Captain Matthew Phillips was named the WHL’s first star of the opening round of the playoffs. In the Royals’ seven-game series versus the Vancouver Giants, Phillips recorded a total 16 points (6g-10a) which set the franchise record for most points in a single series. The Calgary Flames’ signed prospect also sits tied for first in league’s playoff scoring race with Lethbridge Hurricanes’ forward Brad Morrison.
PK PROWESS: The Royals’ penalty kill saw success in the first round of the playoffs as the club went 16/18=88.9%, which is the best mark in the league during the post-season. At home, the club went 6/6=100.0% on the penalty kill. In Game 7 versus the Vancouver Giants, Victoria did not take a penalty which marks the first time in franchise history that the club has accomplished the feat.
Single game tickets to Game 1 versus Tri-City are on sale at the Select Your Ticket Box Office and start at just $20.00. Tickets are available over the phone at 250-220-7777, online at www.victoriaroyals.com or in-person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office.
Chuck a Puck (second intermission)
• $100 Moxies Bar and Grill Gift Card, courtesy of Moxies.
FRIDAY – GAME 1 – 7:05 PM
Victoria Hyundai Musical Chairs (first intermission)
• Five fans will compete in a game of musical chairs for a chance to win a vehicle detail package, courtesy of Victoria Hyundai.
League and Williams Trike Race (second intermission)
• Contestants will race around the ice on tricycles for a chance to win a dash cam, courtesy of League and Williams Law.
SATURDAY – GAME 2 – 7:05 PM
Gillis Plumbing Let’s Make a Deal Contest (first intermission)
• A pair of fans will select a mystery box for a chance to win a prize package, courtesy of Gillis Plumbing Ltd.
Double N Hardwood Floors Mini Stick Challenge (second intermission)
• Four fans, in teams of two, will compete for a chance to win a mini stick and a $25 Tim Hortons Gift Certificate, courtesy of Double N Hardwood Floors.
Group together and save big. Ask about the benefits and savings on our great packages for groups of eight or more! For full details call the Royals’ Ticketing Office at 250-220-7889 or email them at email@example.com.