WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW – ROYALS vs. AMERICANS – FEBRUARY 1st & 2nd
Victoria hosts Tri-City this weekend; Eco Night on Friday & Hockey for Hospitals on Saturday.
• Victoria Royals (24-20-1-1), 2nd in BC Division
• Friday & Saturday Opponent – Tri-City Americans (25-18-2-1), 3rd in the US Division.
• Friday – Eco Night presented by the Victoria Electric Vehicle Club, Tickets – bit.ly/2CZBkRE.
• Friday – The Royals will welcome a special group of BC Hockey minor officials to the game, as part of the “WHL Officiating Experience” initiative. These minor hockey league officials will line up with the games WHL officials for the anthems.
• Saturday – Hockey for Hospitals Tickets – bit.ly/2UrtTtD.
• Saturday – For the fifth consecutive year, the Royals have teamed up with the Victoria Hospitals Foundation to present Hockey for Hospitals in support of local hospitals. This year the event will raise funds towards the purchase of patient monitors for the Emergency Departments at the Royal Jubilee and Victoria General hospitals.
• Puck drop for both games– 7:05 p.m.
Tri-City Quick Hits:
• NHL Affiliated Players – Kyle Olson (Anaheim).
• NHL Central Scouting Midterm Rankings – Sasha Mutala (ranked 81st among North American skaters), Mitchell Brown (ranked 128th among North American skaters), Krystof Hrabik (ranked 132nd among North American skaters).
• Friday – Upon arrival, the first 2,000 fans will receive a Royals’ branded re-usable water bottle courtesy of The Victoria Electric Vehicle Club. Royals’ Ticket Pack Holders including Season Tickets, Half-Season Tickets and the Great Eight Fan Pack, will have first access to the water bottle from 6:00-6:30 p.m. when they show their Gift & Giveaway Card.
• Friday – Eco-friendly vehicles will be on display around the arena concourse throughout the game from Graham Kia Victoria, Motorize Victoria, Victoria Hyundai, Tesla Tours, Maczen Nissan Leaf and Electrom LEV Electric Bike.
• Saturday – A ceremonial puck drop will take place featuring Kathy MacNeil – President and CEO of Island Health, Melanie Mahlman – President and CEO of the Victoria Hospitals Foundation, Steve McKerrell – Board Chair Victoria Hospitals Foundation, and Dr. Gavin Jones – Medical Lead of Royal Jubilee Hospital Emergency Department, Island Health.
• Friday – The Victoria Electric Vehicle Club will have a draw for a kids’ mini Tesla, that is open to all patrons, at their table located at Gate 1.
• Friday Chuck-A-Puck
o A one-night stay at Villa Eyrie.
o A one-night stay at Laurel Point.
o $50 gift card to Ali Baba Pizza.
o $50 gift card to Starbucks.
• Saturday Chuck-A-Puck
o A one-night stay at Villa Eyrie.
o Victoria – Vancouver return flights on Harbour Air for two, plus two Canucks tickets (donated by Mail-O-Matic).
o Popeye’s Prize Pack valued at $160.
o $50 gift card to Glo Restaurant.
• Friday First Intermission: Electric Vehicle on-ice Parade – Will feature the Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Bolt and vehicles from Graham Kia, Victoria Hyundai and Tesla Tours.
• Friday Second Intermission: Ali Baba Pizza Box Shuffle – A pair of contestants will race to deliver pizza boxes to Marty the Marmot, where the winner will receive a $50 gift card to Ali Baba Pizza.
• Saturday Second Intermission: GoodLife Fitness Relay Race – Three contestants will race through an obstacle course for a chance to win a three month pass to GoodLife Fitness.
Tuesday & Wednesday Game Details:
• On Tuesday, February 5th and Wednesday, February 6th, Victoria will host the Seattle Thunderbirds (18-22-5-1, fifth in the US Division).
• Tuesday Tickets – bit.ly/2WsSAYt.
• Wednesday Tickets – bit.ly/2CXSdfy.