Six 2007-born players and five 2006-born players will return to their respective club teams
The Victoria Royals announced the reassignment of 11 players following the conclusion of their training camp and preseason earlier this week.
The following six 2007-born players will return to their respective club teams for the 2022-2023 season:
- 07F Cole Reschny – reassigned to Saskatoon Blazers U18 AAA (SMAAAHL)
- 07F Grant Reid – reassigned to Yale Hockey Academy U18 Prep (CSSHL U18)
- 07F Caleb Matthews – reassigned to Calgary Buffaloes U18 AAA (AEHL U18)
- 07F Dylan Ruff – reassigned to Rink Hockey Academy Kelowna U17 (CSSHL U17)
- 07F Ethan Watkins– reassigned to Calgary Buffaloes U18 AAA (AEHL U18)
- 07D Jerrett Ross – reassigned to Leduc Oil Kings U18 AAA (AEHL U18)
Additionally, the club reassigned the following five 2006-born players:
- 06F Deegan Kinniburgh – reassigned to Lethbridge Hurricanes U18 AAA (AEHL U18)
- 06D Hudson Bjornson – reassigned to Phoenix Jr. Coyotes 16U AAA (T1EHL 16U)
- 06D Matthew Keller – reassigned to Edge School U18 Prep (CSSHL U18)
- 06D Seth Fryer – reassigned to Peninsula Panthers (VIJHL)
- 06G Jayden Kraus – reassigned to Prince Albert Mintos U18 AAA (SMAAAHL)
All players on this list took part in the team’s rookie and main training camp as well as part of the preseason over the past two weeks. They will all remain on the Royals’ list of affiliate players and will be eligible to be called up for games this season.
“We were very impressed with the calibre of play from our prospects,” said General Manager and Head Coach Dan Price. “They are all good people who work hard, and they have all taken an important step toward becoming full-time members of the Royals’ roster in the future. We look forward to partnering with them in their development this season and to seeing them again soon.”
Victoria will now prepare for their season opener against the Spokane Chiefs on Friday, Sept. 23 at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria. Tickets are available at selectyourtickets.com.Follow the Royals on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, TikTok and visit victoriaroyals.com to find out more about ticket sales and to learn the latest news about the team.
Season Tickets Are On Sale Now
Season Ticket packages for the 2022-2023 season are on sale now. Benefits include access to our flexible “Never Wasted Ticket” exchange policy, first opportunity on giveaway items, choice of best seats, and much more! Call our ticket office at 250-220-7889 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to set up an appointment to view availability.
About the Victoria Royals
The Victoria Royals are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team in the Western Hockey League (WHL) owned and operated by GSL Group. The Royals play all their home games at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre and have entered their 12th season of their existence.
About Save-On Foods Memorial Centre
Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre (SOFMC) is designed, constructed, developed and operated by GSL Group. SOFMC is Victoria’s premier entertainment facility and the largest arena in British Columbia outside Vancouver. The state-of-the-art 7,000 seat facility is home to the Victoria Royals of the Western Hockey League and regularly hosts large-scale concerts and other special events such as figure skating, curling, plays, trade shows and conferences. SOFMC also features a fine dining Lion’s Den Restaurant, as well as retail and meeting space.